Monday, May 07, 2007

Wildflower Long Course, May 5, 2007

The Wildflower Long Course is a Half-Ironman distance triathlon, and is regarded as being one of the toughest Half-Ironmans in the country.

I'll keep this race report short...

SWIM

Tough swim - for some reason it was really choppy after the turn-around spot. My time wasn't that great: 38:07

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm there somewhere on the right with a yellow swim cap.

T1: 2:27

BIKE

The bike leg for this course is pretty tough. It has 2 big climbs, one at Mile 1, and the other at Mile 42. On a good day, this course is still very difficult, but on race day it was even tougher since we had to deal with a pretty strong headwind.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

bike time: 3:00:36 - 18.6mph

RUN

Not much to say here except that the run course is very hilly as well. The fact that the run was on trails made it much more enjoyable.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
run time: 1:50:44 - 8:27min/mile
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Did I mention that this was a tough race? can you tell from the look on my face? :-)

TOTAL TIME: 5:33:22 (h:m:s), 56th out of 162 in the Men 25-29 age group, and 290th overall out of 1966 athletes.

Great race! I recommend it.

No comments: