This was my 2nd time in racing the Vineman 70.3 triathlon. My goal this year would be to break 5 hours (I did it in 5:35 last year).
I felt like I had an average swim for this year's standards.
Swim Time: 37:14
Here I am in the middle with the blue goggles.

My age group's wave start.

I had a good T1: 2:24

I felt really good on the bike, and rode considerably faster than last year.


Bike Time: 2:36:02 (21.5mph average)
I felt really good coming off the bike and felt that I could have a good run.
T2: 2:12

The temperature rose to 90 degrees on the run, and I really felt it because of the lack of shade on the course. My goal was to run the entire 13.1 miles and not walk the aid stations. I felt really good for the first 10 miles, but it was a struggle to keep up the pace for the last 3. I finished strong, but came up 42 seconds short of breaking 5 hours.
Run Time: 1:42:48 (7:50 min/mile average)
Total Time: 5:00:42
I finished 32nd out of 129 in my age group, and 208th out of 1841 overall. In terms of executing my plan, this was my best race to date.
The day after the race, I signed up for Ironman Lake Placid 2008 - It's going to be a real challenge to make the jump to the full Ironman distance.
I felt like I had an average swim for this year's standards.
Swim Time: 37:14
Here I am in the middle with the blue goggles.

My age group's wave start.

I had a good T1: 2:24

I felt really good on the bike, and rode considerably faster than last year.


Bike Time: 2:36:02 (21.5mph average)
I felt really good coming off the bike and felt that I could have a good run.
T2: 2:12

The temperature rose to 90 degrees on the run, and I really felt it because of the lack of shade on the course. My goal was to run the entire 13.1 miles and not walk the aid stations. I felt really good for the first 10 miles, but it was a struggle to keep up the pace for the last 3. I finished strong, but came up 42 seconds short of breaking 5 hours.
Run Time: 1:42:48 (7:50 min/mile average)
Total Time: 5:00:42
I finished 32nd out of 129 in my age group, and 208th out of 1841 overall. In terms of executing my plan, this was my best race to date.
The day after the race, I signed up for Ironman Lake Placid 2008 - It's going to be a real challenge to make the jump to the full Ironman distance.

No comments:
Post a Comment